There are strict penalties for a First Offense DUI conviction. If you are arrested for a First Offense DUI in Michigan, here are some of the penalties you are facing upon conviction.
- Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) $100 to $500 fine:
- Up to 360 hours of community service.
- Up to 93 days in jail.
- Possible vehicle immobilization.
- Driver license suspension for 30 days, followed by restrictions for 150 days.
- Six points added to driver record.
- Possible ignition interlock.
- $1,000 Driver Responsibility Fee for two consecutive years for OWI.
- $500 Driver Responsibility Fee for two consecutive years for OWPD.
Not only is an arrest for a First Offense DUI embarrassing, it can cost your job, thousands of dollars in legal fees leaving you and even fear about what is what your future holds.
You need to find a good lawyer to help you fight your first offense DUI charge. You need to find a lawyer that is dedicated to providing their client with an aggressive drunk driving defense no matter the complexity of your OWI/DUI case. Most good lawyers offer a free OWI/DUI case evaluation to help you better understand the complexity and uniqueness of your case. A good drunk driving defense strategy aims for the absolute best results.